- Park your Ford Focus on a level surface and turn off the engine.
- Place a jack under the front of the car and raise it up until the tires are clear of the ground.
- Remove the bolts holding the exhaust pipe to the catalytic converter.
- Remove the bolts from the bracket attaching the engine to the transmission.
- Lower the engine slightly and disconnect the electrical connectors from the transmission.
- Disconnect the speed sensor and the shifter cables.
- Remove the bolts holding the transmission to the bell housing.
- Pull the transmission away from the engine.
- Replace the clutch disc, pressure plate, and throw-out bearing.
- Reassemble the transmission and engine.
- Lower the car and start the engine.
- 1 How Much Does A New Clutch Cost For A Car? Ford Focus
- 2 2011+ Ford Fiesta & 2012+ Focus Shudder- Clutch Replacement
- 3 How much is it to fix transmission clutch on a Ford Focus?
- 4 How much does repairing a clutch cost?
- 5 Is it worth fixing a clutch?
- 6 How long does it take to change a clutch on a Ford Focus?
- 7 FAQ
- 7.1 How much will it cost to fix the clutch on my Ford Focus?
- 7.2 How long will it take to fix the clutch on my Ford Focus?
- 7.3 What are the common symptoms of a failing clutch on a Ford Focus?
- 7.4 How do I know if my Ford Focus needs a new clutch?
- 7.5 What are the consequences of driving a Ford Focus with a faulty clutch?
How Much Does A New Clutch Cost For A Car? Ford Focus
2011+ Ford Fiesta & 2012+ Focus Shudder- Clutch Replacement
How much is it to fix transmission clutch on a Ford Focus?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the cost to fix a transmission clutch on a Ford Focus will vary depending on the specific vehicle and the extent of the damage. If the damage is minor, then the cost may be as low as $200-$300. However, if the damage is more extensive, then the cost could be upwards of $1,000 or more. Therefore, it is best to consult with a qualified mechanic or auto dealership to get a more accurate estimate of the cost to fix a transmission clutch on a Ford Focus.
How much does repairing a clutch cost?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on various factors, such as the type of car, the severity of the damage, and the mechanic’s labor rates. However, a general estimate for repairing a clutch can be between $500 and $1500.
Is it worth fixing a clutch?
It depends on the severity of the issue and the cost of the repair. If the clutch is slipping or not engaging properly, it will need to be fixed. The cost of the repair will vary depending on the make and model of the car as well as the labor costs of the mechanic.
How long does it take to change a clutch on a Ford Focus?
The answer to this question depends on the year and model of the Ford Focus, as well as the skill level of the mechanic. For a newer model Ford Focus, it should take around 3-4 hours to change the clutch. For an older model Ford Focus, it may take up to 6 hours.
How much will it cost to fix the clutch on my Ford Focus?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the cost of repairing a clutch will vary depending on the severity of the damage and the make and model of the car. However, you can expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 to have a new clutch installed by a professional mechanic.
How long will it take to fix the clutch on my Ford Focus?
The amount of time it will take to fix a clutch on a Ford Focus will depend on the severity of the damage and the experience of the mechanic. Generally, it will take 1-2 hours to replace a clutch, but if the damage is more severe, it could take up to 4 hours.
What are the common symptoms of a failing clutch on a Ford Focus?
Assuming you are referring to a manual transmission Focus, common symptoms of a failing clutch are:
1. The car is difficult to get into gear, especially when the engine is cold.
2. The car makes a grinding noise when shifting gears.
3. The car lurches forward when engaging the clutch.
4. The car jerks or stalls when changing gears.
5. The clutch pedal feels “spongy” or “soft” when depressed.
6. The engine RPMs increase but the car doesn’t accelerate when the gas pedal is pressed.
7. There is a burning smell coming from the engine compartment.
How do I know if my Ford Focus needs a new clutch?
If your Ford Focus is having trouble shifting gears, making a grinding noise when you shift, or the clutch pedal feels like it’s not returning to the proper position, then it’s likely that your car needs a new clutch. If you’re not sure, it’s always best to consult with a certified mechanic to diagnose the issue.
What are the consequences of driving a Ford Focus with a faulty clutch?
If you are driving a Ford Focus with a faulty clutch, the consequences can be very serious. The clutch is responsible for engaging and disengaging the engine from the transmission. If it is not working properly, it can cause the engine to stall or the car to lose power. This can be extremely dangerous, especially if you are driving on the highway. It can also lead to expensive repairs.