- Locate the oil drain plug on the bottom of the engine.
- Place a drain pan under the oil drain plug.
- Use a wrench to loosen the oil drain plug.
- Allow the oil to drain for a few minutes.
- Replace the oil drain plug and tighten it with a wrench.
- Locate the oil filter on the side of the engine.
- Use a wrench to remove the oil filter.
- Install a new oil filter and tighten it with a wrench.
- Fill the engine with new oil.
- Check the oil level and add more oil if necessary.
- 1 HOW TO CHANGE ENGINE OIL ON HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
- 2 2017-2019 Hyundai Elantra Oil Change DIY! | Done in 5 Minutes?!
- 3 Why should I change my oil?
- 4 How often should I change my oil?
- 5 What type of oil should I use for my Hyundai Elantra?
- 6 Where is the oil filter located on my Hyundai Elantra?
- 7 How much oil should I put in my Hyundai Elantra?
- 8 What is the process for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra?
- 9 Are there any special tips or tricks for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra?
- 10 What should I do with my used oil after changing it?
- 11 What are the consequences of not changing my oil?
- 12 How can I save money on oil changes?
HOW TO CHANGE ENGINE OIL ON HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
2017-2019 Hyundai Elantra Oil Change DIY! | Done in 5 Minutes?!
Why should I change my oil?
Oil lubricates your engine’s components, preventing metal-on-metal contact and excessive heat. Over time, oil breaks down and becomes less effective at lubricating and cooling your engine. That’s why it’s important to change your oil regularly. Doing so can improve your engine’s performance and fuel economy and extend its life.
How often should I change my oil?
How often you need to change your oil depends on the type of engine oil, the age and make of your vehicle, and your driving habits.
For conventional engine oil, most manufacturers recommend an oil change between 7,500 and 10,000 miles, although this varies depending on the make of your vehicle.
If you drive a newer car with synthetic oil, you can typically go longer between oil changes, with some manufacturers recommending oil changes every 10,000 to 15,000 miles.
Of course, these are just general guidelines. The best way to know how often to change your oil is to consult your car’s owner’s manual or the dealership where you purchased your vehicle.
What type of oil should I use for my Hyundai Elantra?
Different types of oil offer different benefits, so it’s important to choose the right oil for your Hyundai Elantra. Depending on your driving habits, you may want to use a conventional oil, a synthetic oil, or a blend of the two.
If you do mostly short trips around town, a conventional oil is a good choice. Conventional oil is less expensive than synthetic oil and provides adequate protection for your engine.
If you do a lot of long-distance driving or drive in extreme weather conditions, a synthetic oil is a better option. Synthetic oil resists break-down better than conventional oil, meaning it will protect your engine for longer.
A blend of synthetic and conventional oil is a good choice for drivers who do a mix of short and long trips. The synthetic oil in the blend will provide extra protection, while the conventional oil will keep the cost down.
Where is the oil filter located on my Hyundai Elantra?
The oil filter is located on the driver’s side of the car, just below the engine.
How much oil should I put in my Hyundai Elantra?
There is no definitive answer to this question since it can vary depending on the specific Hyundai Elantra model and engine type. However, according to the Hyundai Motor Company, the general rule of thumb is to add 1/2 quart (or 0.5 liters) of oil for every 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) driven. Therefore, if you have driven your Hyundai Elantra for 2,000 miles (3,200 kilometers), you would need to add 1 quart (or 1 liter) of oil.
What is the process for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra?
The process for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra is as follows:
1. Park the car on a level surface and engage the emergency brake.
2. Locate the oil drain plug underneath the car. It is usually located near the oil filter.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the drain plug and loosen the plug with a wrench.
4. Allow the oil to drain completely.
5. Replace the drain plug and tighten it with a wrench.
6. Locate the oil filter. It is usually located near the oil drain plug.
7. Remove the oil filter with a wrench and discard it.
8. Coat the seal of the new oil filter with clean engine oil.
9. Screw on the new oil filter and tighten it with a wrench.
10. Add the recommended amount of oil to the engine.
Are there any special tips or tricks for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra?
Yes, there are some special tips and tricks for changing oil in a Hyundai Elantra. First, you need to find the oil filter. On most models, it is located on the passenger side of the engine, near the firewall. Once you have located the filter, use a socket wrench to remove it. Be sure to have a drain pan handy to catch the oil.
Next, you will need to remove the oil drain plug, which is located on the bottom of the engine. Again, use a socket wrench to remove it. Be careful, as the oil will start to drain out immediately. Have your drain pan ready to catch the oil. Once the oil has finished draining, replace the drain plug and tighten it securely.
Finally, add the new oil. You can use a funnel to make this easier. Fill the engine with the recommended type and amount of oil. Then, start the engine and let it run for a few minutes. Check the oil level using the dipstick, and add more if necessary.
What should I do with my used oil after changing it?
Assuming you mean motor oil:
The best option is to recycle it. Many garages and service stations have collection bins for used motor oil. The used oil is then taken to a recycling facility where it is turned into fuel, lubricants, and other products.
You can also dispose of used motor oil yourself, but you must do so carefully. Used motor oil should never be poured down the drain, on the ground, or in storm sewers. You should also not mix used motor oil with other household wastes. The best way to dispose of used motor oil is to take it to a hazardous waste collection center or an oil recycling center.
What are the consequences of not changing my oil?
If you don’t change your oil, the oil will break down and won’t be able to properly lubricate your engine. This will lead to your engine overheating and eventually breaking down.
How can I save money on oil changes?
There are a few ways you can save money on oil changes. One way is to find a coupon or discount from a local oil change service. You can also do it yourself if you have the supplies and knowledge.