- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air intake duct.
- Disconnect the throttle body electrical connector.
- Remove the throttle body.
- Clean the throttle body bore with throttle body cleaner.
- Inspect the throttle body bore for scratches, nicks or other damage.
- Install the throttle body.
- Connect the throttle body electrical connector.
- Install the air intake duct.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
U0107 code P1516 lost communication with throttle body reduced power fix
GM Chevrolet OBDII Code U0107
What causes a U0107 code?
The U0107 code indicates a loss of communication with the vehicle’s CAN bus. This can be caused by a number of factors, including a faulty CAN controller, a loose CAN connection, or a faulty CAN bus.
What causes throttle actuator control?
The throttle actuator control is caused by the throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor tells the computer how far the throttle is open. When the throttle is opened wider, the computer sends a signal to the throttle actuator to open the throttle wider.
How do you fix a throttle control system?
There isn’t a single answer to this question because it can vary depending on the specific throttle control system and what exactly is wrong with it. However, some possible steps to take to fix a throttle control system could include troubleshooting to identify the root cause of the issue, then making repairs or adjustments as necessary. In some cases, replacement parts may be need to be installed. It is also important to make sure that the throttle control system is properly calibrated after any repairs are made.
Where is the throttle actuator control?
The throttle actuator control is located in the throttle body.