- Choose the location for your decking. Sure Step decking is best installed on a flat, level surface. If you are installing Sure Step decking over an existing deck, you will need to make sure that the surface is structurally sound and able to support the weight of the new decking.
- Lay out your decking boards. Starting at one end, lay out your first row of decking boards leaving a small gap between each board (approximately 1/4″). Use a level to make sure that the row is level.
- Install the first row of decking boards. Starting at the end nearest the house, predrill pilot holes through the boards and into the joists. Screw the boards to the joists using 2″ deck screws. Be sure to sink the screws below the surface of the wood so they are not visible.
- Lay out and install the remaining rows of decking boards in the same manner.
- When all of the rows are installed, trim off any decking boards that extend beyond the outer joists. Use a circular saw for long, straight cuts and a jigsaw for any curved cuts.
- Finish up by installing any skirting or railings, if desired.
- 1 Surestep Dock Decking Panels
- 2 Sure Step Decking from Dock and Decks Alabama
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 How do I install Sure Step decking?
- 3.2 What tools do I need to install Sure Step decking?
- 3.3 What are the step-by-step instructions for installing Sure Step decking?
- 3.4 Where can I find installation instructions for Sure Step decking?
- 3.5 How can I ensure a successful installation of Sure Step decking?
Surestep Dock Decking Panels
Sure Step Decking from Dock and Decks Alabama
How do I install Sure Step decking?
To install Sure Step decking, you will need the following tools: a power drill, a screw gun, a saw, and a hammer. You will also need screws, nails, and a level.
1. Begin by measuring the area where you will be installing the decking. Be sure to account for any steps or other changes in elevation.
2. Cut the decking boards to size, using the saw.
3. Lay the first board down in the desired location, making sure it is level. Secure it to the underlying surface with screws or nails.
4. Continue installing the rest of the decking boards in the same manner, until the job is complete.
What tools do I need to install Sure Step decking?
Assuming you would like a list of tools needed to install Sure Step decking:
What are the step-by-step instructions for installing Sure Step decking?
1. Measure the area where you will be installing the decking and calculate how much material you will need.
2. Purchase the required amount of lumber, decking boards, and fasteners.
3. If necessary, rent a power washer and clean the area where the deck will be installed.
4. Lay out the deck boards in your desired pattern and cut them to size with a power saw.
5. Pre-drill holes in the deck boards and fasten them together with deck screws.
6. Finish the deck by installing railings, steps, and other desired features.
Where can I find installation instructions for Sure Step decking?
The best place to find installation instructions for Sure Step decking would be on the manufacturer’s website. You can also find some good instructions in the do-it-yourself forums online.
How can I ensure a successful installation of Sure Step decking?
There are a few things you can do to ensure a successful installation of Sure Step decking:
1. Make sure the surface you’re installing the decking on is level and even. Any unevenness could cause the decking to warp or become uneven over time.
2. If you’re using decking screws, be sure to predrill holes before screwing them in. This will help avoid splitting the wood.
3. Be sure to space the decking boards evenly when you’re installing them. This will allow for proper drainage and avoid any issue with the boards becoming warped or otherwise damaged.
4. When you’re cutting the decking boards, be sure to use a sharp blade. A dull blade can cause the boards to splinter or crack.
5. Be sure to seal the decking after it’s been installed. This will help protect it from the elements and extend its lifespan.